This is the story of how Noah Bragg sold his $400 MRR side project Supportman for $27,000 in just 5 hours.
After a small bit of back and forth - and nearly a lost sale due to a miscommunication! - Noah ended up selling his side project to @damengchen for $27,000.
What we can learn
There is no secret sauce - what works for one person may not work for someone else. However there are some great points to take away from this story we can learn from.
- This didn’t just happen. Noah got to know Damon for a while prior to this as they are both in the same Slack group with #buildinpublic makers.
- Language barriers are real. Don’t assume you are on the same page just because you are both typing in English. Noah nearly lost the sale because of a misunderstanding around whether Damon “would” do it.
- Noah didn’t hold back from sharing full details on Twitter about his intentions along with detailed revenue disclosure as well as creating a this one page website with details of the business
- The extra exposure from MicroAcquire played a part.
- Noah has another successful project called Potion adding credibility as a builder.
Image credit: Supportman